Sunday, June 03, 2012

Richard Dawson, R. I. P.

Richard Dawson Dies: ‘Family Feud’ Host Was 79 - ABC News: Richard Dawson known best for hosting the “Family Feud” and starring in “Hogan’s Heroes” has died, ABC News has confirmed.


He was 79. He died Saturday due to complications from cancer.


“It is with a very heavy heart that I inform you that my father passed away this evening from complications due to esophageal cancer. He was surrounded by his family. He was an amazing talent, a loving husband, a great dad, and a doting grandfather. He will be missed but always remembered…,” wrote Dawson’s son Gary in a posting on Facebook early this morning.

5 comments:

Jerry House said...

Television and acting work aside, I will always remember him as the husband of Diana Dors.

Deb said...

Survey says: He was the best Family Feud host ever.

R.I.P. Richard.

Cap'n Bob said...

I agree, Db. He was a natural wit and a joy to watch.

Cap'n Bob said...

I mean "Deb."

Max Allan Collins said...

He was incredible on MATCH GAME. Extremely fast and witty. The show declined without him, and there was bitterness about him leaving. FAMILY FEUD always had a certain smarminess, but MATCH GAME when Dawson and Charles Nelson Reilly and Brett Sommers were regulars, with the great host Gene Rayburn, was as good as game show TV ever got.